Med Surg RN – Meridian
Med Surg RNs needed at St Luke's Meridian Hospital in Meridian, Idaho.
Assignment runs 8/9/21-11/8/21 for 13 weeks. Night shift. 36 hrs/wk.
Pay rate for travelers more than 50 miles from the facility is $42/hr with additional $1,520/wk tax-free stipend. Pay rate for locals within 50 miles of the facility is $75/hr.
2 years experience required.
St. Luke’s Health System in Meridian is seeking a RN to join our Medical/Surgical 5th Floor team.
Meridian Med/Surg 5th floor serves the majority of surgical patients in the hospital. It is a 42 bed unit has an average nurse/patient ratio of 1:4-5. This postoperative unit is a fast pace unit with short patient stays of an average of 2.7 days and rapid patient turnover. The staff is very collaborative and believes in teamwork to reach the best patient outcome.
- Identifies patient needs and determines priorities for care through assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation.
- Develops, implements and coordinates individualized plan of care for patients assigned through initial and on-going assessments.
- Initiates assessment based on the patient's problems or needs, the physician's medical diagnosis, and the functional health framework.
- Performs therapeutic nursing interventions.
- Documents care based on standards of care and practice, patient acuity, and/or clinical priorities
- Advocates for evidence-based practice care standards and supports adoption of evidence-based practices and innovations in care delivery.
- Provides patient centric care in alignment with professional nursing practice model.
- Education: Nursing Degree (BSN preferred)
- Experience: prefer 1 year of RN experience
- Licenses/Certifications: Current RN licensure from the State of Practice
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke’s Health System. We are the state’s largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We’re proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
The city of Meridian is a suburb of Boise located approximately 10 miles from downtown Boise. Meridian is a premier place to live and work with just under 90,000 residents. This clean and attractive city is framed by mountains and has a pleasant mild, 4-season climate and excellent commerce. The city offers a wide selection of nearby recreational activities such as skiing, 130 miles of hiking trails and 25 miles of paths which link 850 acres of parks. Meridian offers premier shopping, dining and entertainment.