The COVID-19 pandemic upended the U.S. healthcare system. Hospitals throughout the country have been left actively seeking equipment, PPE, and a whole lot of staff! Nowhere is this more apparent than New York City, where those of us at Eminent have been seeing tremendous opportunities for travel nurse jobs.
A need arising from the height of the COVID-19 pandemic
The urgent need for New York travel nurse jobs was exacerbated last spring during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic. You may remember when New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio called for 45,000 additional medical personnel to help the state overcome what was then the worst outbreak in the nation. Travel nurses served a crucial purpose in New York as hospitals reserved their core staff for other daily functions.
The need for travel nurses has continued unabated. In New York and other parts of the country, there simply aren’t enough travel nurses to meet demand, leading to plenty of available opportunities.
Multiple New York travel nurse jobs available
At Eminent we currently have multiple travel nursing jobs in New York available throughout the city. These include, among others:
- Lincoln Hospital in the Bronx
- King’s County Hospital in Brooklyn
- Harlem Hospital in Harlem
Full information on our openings can be accessed on the Eminent website.
Traveling tips for traveling nurses
Before packing your bags, it’s important to think through the best ways to approach New York City. Here are some travel tips for travel nurses, courtesy of the journal, Nursing2021 that are applicable to New York and any other location throughout the country.
- Learn about the area before you leave: A city as large as New York has several unique neighborhoods, each with its own distinct characteristics and activities. Learning as much as you can about the area itself and the hospital will be beneficial when you arrive.
- Make the most of your free time: Nurses are typically very busy. This is even more reason why it’s crucial to make the most of your free time. A key advantage to travel nursing is seeing varied parts of the country and learning about different people and cultures. As we’ll demonstrate, few cities offer as many activities and destinations as New York.
- Remember that attitude can make all the difference. Being a travel nurse in New York, or anywhere else for that matter, can be stressful, and not everything is going to go smoothly. That’s why it’s crucial to remember that attitude is everything. Be sure to, whenever possible, keep an open mind, and a positive attitude.
Ways for nurses to make the most of their time in New York
They don’t refer to New York as “the city that never sleeps” for nothing. Here is just a sampling of the activities and destinations specific to New York.
- Walking or exercising in Central Park
- Visiting world-famous museums like The Metropolitan Museum of Art, American Museum of Natural History, or National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- Exploring unique restaurants in each borough has to offer.
- Take in a Broadway, or off-Broadway show. And check out these helpful tips for ways to get cheap seats!
Contact Us and Let’s Get to Work
We are actively hiring registered nurses in New York and throughout the country. Contact us and let’s get to work.